Thursday, October 4, 2012

Breed Intelligence Study-Part 1: Females


It's been a very long time since I've played with official breeds, so I have decided to perform a little experiment.  The purpose of this study is to determine the general  IQ of a breed in comparison to other breeds. Testing essentially begins as the Norn egg is hatched at the bottom of the Workshop and concludes once the subject has entered the Norn Meso. Once the appropriate data is collected, female IQ results will be compared to the male IQ results.

Notes:
  • Elevators/buttons have been removed and replaced with Elevines. 
  • The Empathic Vendor in the Meso has also been removed and replaced with the apple patch plant from the Garden Box. Additional food sources (mushrooms, trumpet seed launcher) placed throughout room. 
  • Vocabulizer DS agent is activated for language learning convenience.

No females travel to Meso before childhood, which makes sense considering most drives are not recognized as babies. The following table is sorted by the length of time taken (after childhood) to reach the Meso(food).


 Keeping in mind that breeds are represented by a sole subject at this time, I was still a bit surprised with a few of the results.  I have studied/ played with Beowulf Norns extensively in the past and found them to be very smart and self-sufficient, so I expected the Beowulf female to perform much better than she did. To be fair, however, her needs are quite low as she reached childhood at 9 minutes:
I guess she had little need to leave the workshop once she reached childhood at 8 minutes. I think she found the whole testing process pretty frustrating, but at least she didn't beat any of the other girls to death out of irritation. 

 I was pleasantly surprised by the Bondi and Treehugger females; I wasn't sure either of them would reach the Meso before falling victim to starvation. The Alien female , on the other hand, was much more fixated on doors than I had imagined. Luckily she managed to snap out of it before too long. 

 While watching  the Siamese female struggle to figure out how to work lifts and doors and express her extreme dislike for Zebra,  I didn't have much confidence that she would pass at all.

 With her drives increasing along with her desire to [eat door], I had just about given up. I went to scope out the Meso and within a minute or two, in walks Miss Siamese. Although she managed to avoid starvation, she ended up developing a limp. (possibly caused by her own neglect? )

Next up: male testing. Stay tuned for Part 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment